Diabetes runs in the family, so does a whole host of other illness, including mental health. Great.
Over the past month I’ve lost nine pounds without even trying and I’ve had these dark lines in the creases my neck for as long as I can remember.
Am I just being paraniod? I’m only a teenager.
I can also make my vision blur, some how?
I’ve had pains near my heart area recently. Idk what that is.
Diabetes Type 1: Symtoms of type 2
In type 1, the pancreas stop producing insulin, due to autuimmune response or possibly viral attack on pancreas. In absence of insulin, body cells does not get glucose for producing ATP (Adenosin Triphosphate) units which results into primary symptom in the form of nausea and vomiting. In latter stage which leads to ketoacidosis in which body starts breaking down muscle tissue and fat for energy, there is consequently fast weight loss. Dehydration is also usually observed due to electrolyte disturbance. In advance stages even coma and death, are being witnessed.
Diabetes Type 2:
* Increased fatigue : Due to inefficiency of cell to metabolise glucose, reserve fat of body is metabolised to gain energy. When fat is broken down in the body, it uses more energy as compared to glucose, hence body goes in negative calorie effect, which results in fatigue.
* Polydipsia : As the concentration of glucose increases in the blood, brain receives signal for diluting it and in its counteraction we feel thirsty.
* Polyuria: Increase in urine production is the result seen when excess of glucose is present in body. Body tries to get rid of the extra sugar in the blood by excreting it through the urine. This can also lead to dehydration because excreting the sugar which carries a large amount of water out of the body along with it.
* Polyphegia : The hormone insulin is also responsible for stimulating hunger. In order to cope up with high sugar levels in blood, body produces insulin which leads to increased hunger.
* Weight flactuation : Factors like loss of water (polyuria), glucosuria , metabolism of body fat and protein may lead to loss of weight. Few cases may show weight gain due to increased appetite.
* Blurry vision : Hyperosmolar hyperglycemia nonketotic syndrome is the condition when body fluid is pulled out of tissues including lenses of eye, which affects the ability of lenses to focus resulting in blurry vision.
* Irritability : It is one of the sign of high blood sugar because of the inefficient supply of glucose to brain and other body organs, which makes us feel tired and uneasy.
* Infections : Certain signals from the body is given whenever there is fluctuation of blood sugar (due to suppression of immune system) by frequent infections of fungal or bacterial like skin infection or UTI (urinary tract infection).
* Poor wound healing : High blood sugar resists the flourishing of WBC, (white blood cell) which are responsible for body immune system. When these cells do not function accordingly, wound healing is not at good pace. Secondly, long standing diabetes leads to thickening of blood vessels which may affect proper circulation of blood in different body parts.
Acanthosis nigricans is a skin condition characterized by dark, thick, velvety skin in body folds and creases. Most often, acanthosis nigricans affects your armpits, groin and neck.
Acanthosis nigricans is often associated with conditions that increase your insulin level, such as type 2 diabetes or being overweight. If your insulin level is too high, the extra insulin may trigger activity in your skin cells. This may cause the characteristic skin changes.
on: 28th September 10